Jimmy Buffett and margaritas are practically synonymous with one another. Thanks to the musician’s hit song, “Margaritaville,” it seems nearly impossible to sip one of these tart, tequila-laced cocktails without immediately remembering the tune. The singer even has his own line of Margaritaville tequila, in addition to a chain of resorts and restaurants bearing the same name. Needless to say, Buffett knows a thing or two about a good margarita!
So, with the first day of spring just days away, now seems like an appropriate time to perfect your at-home margarita by following along to this simple recipe, which Jimmy Buffett himself has given the stamp of approval.
• 1 oz. Margaritaville Tequila Gold
• 1/2 oz. Margaritaville Tequila Silver
• 1/2 oz. triple sec
• 1/2 oz. orange curaçao
• 1/2 oz. lime juice
• 2 lime wedges
1. Rim a margarita glass with salt (optional).
2. Combine ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Squeeze lime on top, then drop wedges in.
3. Cover, shake vigorously and pour.
4. Makes one Jimmy Buffett-style margarita. Cheers!
On the hunt for a new favorite cocktail recipe? The team at Westmount at River Park Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.